Middle School Events

Hey y'all! I'm looking for a little middle school inspiration. Our Middle Schoolers meet on Wednesday evenings every week for Religious Ed, but I am dying to give them more experiences outside of the classroom. We are a smaller rural parish, about 25 minutes from a decent metro area. I am open to ideas for what you guys do with your Middle Schoolers be it service or fun social activities or anything in between. Thanks!!

Comments

• Check out "Youth Ministry Great Games" on you tube. They have a lot of great games that we use all the time. We try to do one game each week. We try to start class outside by gathering and doing our opening prayer outside. We also go into the church for closing prayer. Hope that helps :)

• I think that you can keep things simple with middle schoolers. Games from childhood, maybe with a twist. We've done marshmallow dodge ball and toilet paper dodge ball. We've also decorated Christmas cookies to accompany gifts with our giving tree. The biggest focus would be helping them make connections to your Core team and to each other. They have the safety and comfort of playing a game they are familiar with, but then the discomfort of socializing.