Fall Retreat Tshirt - Chaos Retreat

I'm at a total loss for what to do for a tshirt design for the Chaos retreat by Life Teen. The last retreat, Timeless, LT provided a tshirt graphic, which was awesome, but I can't really think of anything that would look great. Help would be great!

Comments

• We are doing Chaos for our fall retreat, too. And I've also been coming up short on ideas for our shirts. I'm resisting the urge to just slap that word "Chaos" and "Fall Retreat 2017" on the front of the shirt, lol, because that's not creative at all... but if I don't figure something out soon, I could be going with that! :/

So far the only thing I've thought of is to utilize a word cloud in some way. (Examples below for anyone who doesn't know what a word cloud is... I had seen them before but didn't know what they were called for the longest time)

I was thinking that something of the sort could represent "chaos" pretty well. There are a few websites that you can use to create them in various shapes, colors, etc. I've used http://www.tagxedo.com/ in the past because it gives you a lot of options when you're creating it. Basically you just tell what text to pull the words or phrases from, or create a list of words, it spits out a cloud, and then you can adjust it to your liking.

Could use one of the scripture passages referenced during the retreat... or just a list of words of all the things teens are trying to juggle in their lives?

My hesitation with this whole idea is that it only represents the chaos before God instills order, creates beauty, etc. I would love to have a shirt that represents the "God's Creative Power" part of the retreat, rather than the "chaos" part... I guess that's just me wanting to focus on positive vs. the negative. What are your thoughts on that?

Would love to hear any other ideas!!

• Just saw this post now and I'm actually doing the Chaos retreat in Nov. We are also struggling with a t-shirt design. Can you give me any latest info on your choices? Thanks

• Hey all,

we created our own logo.

I have attached a link to our Google Drive folder that has everything in it. You will find a sub folder that has the retreat logo files in it, that you can use to send to your t-shirt company.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9OsEUoarhgQNkdVTXc4TkZQWWs?usp=sharing

• Hey! Heading into Chaos this weekend...I made a booklet (not super fancy...made it with publisher) and put all the handouts in it etc. It's attached as a pdf, but I'm happy to email it out as the publisher doc if anyone wants it to make edits!
    PS - it reads funny in pdf, but should print out in correct page order as a booklet!

• Update on what we ended up with for our shirt:

It's a little hard in the photo but the printing was light blue. We were inspired by the Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee painting, and found this great piece of clip art, which we used o make the circular design in Canva (clip art and design are attached here), then uploaded it as a graphic to tshirt design website-- I used Rush Order Tees because I had to order them at last minute :# . Then just used the design platform on their website to add the rounded/arched text for "Fall Retreat 2017".